A Spot of Cheerfulness

A Spot of Cheerfulness
Every Monday at 7.30 p.m GMT

Thursday 24 April 2014

Your Energy Counts!

Sometimes I think, 'How can me sitting quietly for an hour a week make ANY difference to a world where so much healing energy is needing to be channelled?' And I feel like a drop in an ocean, a grain of sand in a desert, an atom in the biggest of big blue whales. How CAN I be at all effective in the Grand Scheme of Things? 

Of course, when you start thinking like that then with that thought comes a danger. Perhaps you've had a bad week, and your meditation and channelling time is looming large. And you catch yourself thinking, 'I don't know if I can be bothered with this today. I'm not in the right frame of mind. I am tired/bad tempered/hungry. I feel upset/ sad/ angry/ let down. And look! There's a good programme on the telly! Surely me sitting out this session won't make any difference? I am such a teeny part of this massive planet, my missing energy will hardly be noticed. Will it?' 

And before you know it (and when I say 'you' I also mean 'me', too, because I speak from personal experience!) you've grabbed a biscuit, a cup of tea and you are slumped in front of the TV watching someone on Masterchef making another version of a deconstructed mackerel cheesecake, whatever THAT is?! 

And you have also, unknowingly, devalued yourself. Because OF COURSE you matter! OF COURSE your missed time will leave a hole in the channelling of energy. And OF COURSE you make a difference. You DO! 

Think about lavender. I have been thinking a lot about lavender recently because I have been busy using up last year's crop from the garden by mass producing lavender bags in the shape of hearts. And my, haven't I been sleeping well, surrounded by the scent of lavender as I work on the sewing and stuffing of these little hearts. 

And this morning, as I was stuffing bag number 39 (!) I paused a moment and studied a single lavender flower bud. A single bud of lavender is about the size of a grain of rice. Or an ant. A small ant, not one of those massive termite creatures. Just an ordinary ant. It is a tiny thing, a single flower bud of lavender. 

But when you squeeze that single bud gently between your thumb and forefinger, what a powerful scent comes forth! It amazes me how strong that scent of lavender can be from one little flower bud. I'm not even talking a whole stalk here. Just a single bud. 

Are you with me? That little bud on its own still has a strong effect. I have a lavender bag from my first ever lavender harvest six years ago, and it still smells strongly even after six years. How can that be? That something so small can produce an scent that lasts and lasts and never seems to fade?

Energy! That is what I think. The inbuilt energy of that little flower bud.

So think of yourself as a lavender bud. You might be small compared to the World. You might think of yourself as plain and insignificant especially when you are away from the glorious colour of the lavender border and your outward appearance belies what you have inside. 

You have the ability to be a strong and effective healing channel and yes, you would be missed if you didn't sit for a session. Your absence would be felt. It would be accepted and accommodated, of course, because sometimes life circumstances do overtake us and we all need time out for a cuppa and a biscuit and some daft TV.

But please don't think you are not wanted on this healing journey and that what you offer would not be  missed if you were not here. You are valued. What you do matters!!

Love and light to you all!

Denise 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to receive your comments. All we ask is that they are respectful of and relevant to the work and spirit of this circle.