A Spot of Cheerfulness

A Spot of Cheerfulness
Every Monday at 7.30 p.m GMT

Monday 24 March 2014

On Broader Things

My goodness, but what a beautiful frost appeared overnight here in Kent. Not so beautiful for those having to scrape it from their cars before setting off on their daily journey, I suppose, but just to take a moment or two to stand and look at the patterns it made on the first leafy offerings of Spring, and to breath in the sharp freshness it gave to the air, well, it made for a good start to the day, I thought. 

And as I stood, taking in the frostiness (and trying to ignore the hens who were saying something along the lines of, 'Oi! When you've quite finished your romantic gazing, we need feeding and we need feeding NOW!') I wondered about the focus for this evening's circle. We've had a couple of individual requests come in this week and they shall be added to the existing list, but what about something of a more global focus?

Sometimes, it seems easier to focus on individuals, whether they be family, friends, or friends of friends, work colleagues or other acquaintances. When we settle into the relaxed and restful quietness of circle we can see those people in our mind's eye. They have faces we recognise, and names and locations we know. We feel their personalities, their characteristics, their mannerisms, and all these things make a secure point of reference for us to channel the healing energy towards. 

But what about people and events we know little or nothing about? What about folk who live thousands of miles away and we hear of only through news events? We have never met these people. We know maybe one scant fact about them. There is no visual image on which to focus. What do we do then, as members of a healing circle who want to help fellow human beings?

Well, personally, that is when I focus on my candle light. I focus on the glow that emits from that light. I imagine that in the centre of that glow is the Earth itself, and that the candle light is a protective cushion around the Earth and all who are on the Earth can be reached by the healing energy through that candle light. So for me, if I am focusing on channelling for groups of people I don't know, then my metaphor for the rest of the Earth is candle light. 

I have met other healers who use other focal points. A flower or plant, maybe, or a beautiful piece of drift wood. A crystal or polished stone, a pendulum. A photograph or painting, a Buddha figure, a dream catcher. Something that gives off a gentle scent, like lavender, or that is beautiful to touch like a piece of velvet or silk. It is a lovely thing when you find that focal point that connects for you! 

Actually, as I think about this now, I wonder if I ought to broaden my own choice of focal point beyond that of my familiar candle light. Now there is a thought! Perhaps we, as healing energy channellers for the Earth, ought to have three or four things that we use our instinct to choose from which would best serve the purpose of a particular focus? What do you think? It would be lovely if you could share your ideas about focal points!

This evening, then, along with the list of folks I can put faces to, I shall be focusing on my candle light for the people who are on the missing Malaysian aircraft; for the safety of their physical selves if they are still alive, or for the safe passage of their spirits if they have passed beyond.  Such a mystery. And I shall also channel healing energy towards their families and friends, to the loved ones who have been left in a dreadful state of uncertainty, who are waiting and praying and trying to find answers so they can find peace within themselves.

Join in with this if you feel inclined towards these people. Or maybe you would like to channel for a different global situation. It does not matter. We are all joining together for the good of our Earth.

With love and light to you this frosty day in England!

Denise


1 comment:

  1. I feel the situation is coming to a conclusion. Maybe that is why there was a pull to this evening's circle to channel healing energy for everyone involved? X

    ReplyDelete

We love to receive your comments. All we ask is that they are respectful of and relevant to the work and spirit of this circle.